Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sugar High Fridays

Not sure if anyone knows this, but my last blog before this was a food blog. I love food blogs. It's like a whole community of people who love good food. For a good recap of the latest fantastic recipes going up on food blogs everywhere, I like to visit Food Gawker...oh, about once a day. There are all kinds of challenges and monthly baking themes that a lot of food bloggers participate in, like The Daring Baker's Challenge, Tuesdays with Dorie, etc...but my favorite is Sugar High Fridays. They pick a dessert theme, and then everyone gets to do their own variation on that. Whoever is hosting that month receives all the entries and then posts pictures and links to the various recipes. Well, this month's theme for Sugar High Friday is Cupcakes: The Final Chapter. It's being hosted by Foodbeam (who is totally awesome) and it's all about coming up with new and interesting cupcakes. Since my boyfriend is kind of in love with cupcakes I think I shall be participating. Hmmm, something different to do with cupcakes. This is going to be a little tough, but I think I can do it.
And if I'm making cupcakes I'll also have to be buying myself one of these bad boys: (red of course)

No comments: