Monday, June 23, 2008

Verbal Genius

there are some people in this world who have a magical way with words. I aspire to be one of them someday, but until then, I am content to bask in the glow of other's verbal genius.
Yesterday my plan was delayed quite a bit and the dude next to me said, "well, this turned out to be a real shit-tastrophe." Wow, that is an amazing combination of words that perfectly sums up what last night's plane trip was, a shit-tastrophe. He said he had never used that word before, and that it was just the combination of frustration and exhaustion that made him combine the two in his mind. I was there for the creation....I witnessed genius.
There are only a few times in life when you get to be there for something like that. I wasn't there for "mangarines" but it still makes me happy.

No comments: