Sunday, July 20, 2008

Self-Help

Well, we all could have guess this would happen, being the child of a couple who met at a cybiotics (sp?) class. I would offer you all a definition of what that is, but I can't find one online, so either I'm totally off on my spelling, which would be par for the course for me, or its so underground that no one knows about it...or at least they aren't writing about it on the internet. My guess is that the former is true. I am the self-help queen! You got a problem? I've read a book about it. I got a philosophy about it. Mind you, I'm not always great, or even good, at living these philosophies, but I have them, I've read about them, and I'll certainly be happy to share them with you. And when my PMA fails me, what do I do? Read a particularly helpful book over again, or buy a new book, listen to a new tape, etc. I started meditating, but it's hard to be zen when you are constantly afraid that a roach might crawl on you...so, more books please!
I am re-reading The Power of Now, and I just ordered the Tao Teh Ching and The Power of Positive Thinking.
Man, some day I'm gonna be so zen.

Inspirational thought for the day:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
-Marianne Williamson

No comments: