Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The 20 Best Date Movies?

I beg to differ with this list...in fact, I don't even beg to differ, I just plain disagree.
This is the worst list of date movies, barring maybe 5 or 6 of the choices, that I have ever seen. Uh, common theme in a lot of these movies? Cheating. Hey, so, you know, the whole monogamy thing didn't really work out for these people, but let's give it a shot anyway. Are things that different in the UK?
20. House of Flying Daggers--um, cause kung fu really puts me in the mood for love. NOT.
19. An Officer and a Gentlemen--okay, maybe just for the carrying scene.
18. Shortbus--um, are you on a date or a "casual encounter"?
17. Dark Water--there are better horror films than this if you're trying to get a cuddle-up.
16. Jerry Maguire--if I was in the mood to have someone fall in love with my kid and not me, then yes, I guess I would consider this a romance.
15. Crazy/Beautiful--if I were 13.
14. Monsoon Wedding-okay.
13. Ghost--definitely.
12. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind--now we're talking.
11. Dirty Dancing--hells yeah, because nobody puts baby in the corner!
10. Scream--eh...again, not so much.
9. North by Northwest--not feeling it.
8. A bout de souffle--okay, I've never seen this.
7. In The Mood for Love--also, never seen this, the title is promising, but also about affairs.
6. Before Sunrise/Before Sunset-- maybe if Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke weren't annoying
5. Sideways--depressing!!! what, am I going to do, be depressed into romance.
4. Say Anything-- "I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen." sniff, I love you Lloyd.
3. Brokeback Mountain-- again with the cheating.
2. Annie Hall--way depressing. This movie makes me feel like nothing ever works out, ever.
1. The Philadelphia Story--good one.

No comments: