Monday, April 14, 2008

Great Brooklyn Day!

I have a list of things I want to in NY and I'm crossing stuff off, one thing at a time, and sometimes three things at a time.
Saturday Robin, Rachel and I rode bikes over the Brooklyn Bridge (check), ate at Grimaldi's Pizza (rumored to be the best in NY, check), and ate at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory (check).
Yep, it was a very productive day...and I have to say that Grimaldi's and The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory were all they were rumored to be. I think I might prefer walking over the Brooklyn Bridge to riding bikes over it....walking is slightly less treacherous. There were lots of tourists who didn't understand the division between bike lane and walking lane.
Oh, and Robin challenged me to not take my bike helmet off all day, so I didn't, until I think it got embarrassing for all three of us, then I finally did...but I just wanted to explain why I have a helmet on in most of these pics, and why I look a little re-re.
Mmmmmmm, delicious pizza.
Here is Robin and I waiting in line at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. Again with the Helmet. I got butter pecan, and she got a coffee and vanilla sundae. They only have about 6 flavors, but I feel safe in saying that they are probably all amazing.

No comments: