Friday, April 11, 2008

Sometimes you can't sleep

So you go around your neighborhood with your camera counting the bakeries...right after sunrise. I mean, that's what I do when I can't sleep. This is just on Court Street alone, I didn't even venture to Henry St, or Smith St. or Columbia. These are all within a couple blocks of each other. Gosh, I love my neighborhood! (apologies for the shaky camera...I had sleepy hands)

This is Court Pastry Shop, where Donna, who works upstairs, tells me that they have the most amazing bread in the world, and that I have to get gelato there during the summer. This is also where I got cannolis for Nick's family and the 13-year-old girl behind the counter with the thick Brooklyn accent called me honey.




This is Sweet Melissa's where they always have samples out. I have abused the samples a few times. They also look to have amazing cakes.
276 Court St. at Douglass





This is Marquet Patisserie.
221 Court St Brooklyn, NY 11201
Robin, Nick and I walked in here one day. Everything looked amazing.






This is Caputo's, which was surprisingly one of the only two bakeries open at 6am. I thought that's when bakeries were supposed to open, or earlier even.
329 Court St. (Sackett-Union Sts.), Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn

This is the last one that I had the energy to take a picture of, but I assure you, there are so many more....and who's going to try them all? Me!
I didn't even include pictures of the Italian Meat Markets/Delis and the amazing coffee place, D'Amico's.

No comments: