Friday, March 21, 2008

The Color Purple

My friend Jaqlene bought me tickets to see The Color Purple for Christmas. That sentence kind of sounded bad. The tickets weren't for around Christmas time, that was just my Christmas present...the tickets were for March 19th. Robin and I got really excited. We planned out a whole night of eating cornbread and fried chicken. We were going to wear big hats. It was going to be awesome. Then we found out that the show has closed down. It was a big let-down. One more opportunity to identify with another culture and do what Oprah tells me to do: wasted.
There was going to be some Gospel songs, there was going to be some hands waving in the air, there were going to be some hallelujahs and there was definitely going to be more than one Amen!!! But no.
Well, I walked by this clothing store this morning and had to take a picture. I think I know where to get my ensemble next time the show comes back to town.

No comments: