Monday, March 24, 2008

Magnolia Bakery

I had never been to Magnolia Bakery before Mr. Wonderful took me there last week. I had eaten a red velvet cupcake from there that was delivered to our office once, and while it was good, the cake wasn't as moist as I would have liked. Let me just tell you that actually going there was a whole different experience. As we were standing in line the one cupcake that I had already almost finished just didn't seem like enough, so I ordered up a piece of carrot cake. IT WAS THE BEST CARROT CAKE OF MY LIFE. Even better than Jamie Stillman's mom makes, but don't tell her that I said that.
Here is Robin looking lovingly at the carrot cake.
We especially enjoyed the tattooed dude behind the counter who was way too tough to be making cupcakes and had an attitude about it. He just had this look on his face like, "F-you. So? I make cupcakes! So what?" He was the best.
Thanks Mr. Wonderful. Thanks for introducing me to a new addiction.
http://www.magnoliacupcakes.com/

No comments: