Friday, March 21, 2008

Hello My New Blog

Hello new blog. you're gonna be the best. my old blog was all about food, but then I realized that I needed to expand my focus. I really need to be able to talk about all the fun stuff that happens everyday, not just the delicious things I get to eat.

As my first order of blogging business I would just like to say that the past week has been a big one for me. I moved into a new apartment with my new roommate, but longtime friend, Robin, and I fell in love. I guess saying that I fell in love is kind of misleading, because I've been in love with this person before...and well, ever since really. Yep, I never stopped being in love with him since we dated in 2004, and before I was in love with him I certainly had a crush on him since 8th grade. Yep, this was a long time coming. We're calling this take three, since he didn't want to date me when we were in high school, and when we actually got around to dating last time I was a little too immature to realize exactly what I had. So here we are, take three, and it's amazing. He is my parents' favorite boy that I've ever brought home, and that means a lot. He's also the hottest...but that's just a bonus. He's also really smart, really talented and I have fun every minute that I'm with him.

My life is pretty freakin' awesome. Here is a picture of me and Mr. Awesome.
Just so I don't go to overboard talking about how in love I am and making people vomit in their mouths a little, let me tell you about the awesome neighborhood that Robin and I moved into.
Here is the wikipedia entry. They aren't kidding when they say the neighborhood was, and still is, mostly Italian. I've never seen so many cannolis in my life. The realtor who rented the apartment to us had the thickest Brooklyn Italian accent I've ever heard. He actually said "yous guys" and "fuggitaboutit." Needless to say, the food is amazing and the people are great. I live right by the water and the most amazing view in the world from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade.
NY Mag also has a great neighborhood guide.

My life kicks ass.

No comments: